Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 box any high quality white or yellow cake mix
- 1 - 3.5 oz. box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/4 c. of fresh lemon juice mixed with enough cold water to equal 2/3 cup total liquid
- Lemon Zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- 2/3 c. canola oil
- 1 Jar of Lemon Curd
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare a standard bunt baking pan with butter and dust with sugar.
Using an electric mixer, blend the cake mix, instant pudding, eggs, lemon zest, lemon extract, poppy seeds, and lemon juice/water mixture.
Add oil and mix until completely smooth.
Set aside 1/3 cup of the batter. Mix this with the entire jar of Lemon Curd.
Spread the rest of the batter into the prepared pan. Swirl the curd mixture through the center of the batter in the pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool cake and invert.
To make the icing just mix the sugar and lemon juice with a whisk until you get the consistency of syrup.
Spoon the icing over the cake so it creates beautiful drips going down the sides.
Once the icing has set it is ready to enjoy!