|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 Minutes||35 Minute||4|
The cook time on this recipe can vary, depending on the type of apple that you use. For this recipe, we recommend an apple that will hold up to baking and will get soft but not disintegrate. We recommend an apple such as a honey crisp, gala, or empire.
- 4 Whole Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup of Water or Apple Cider/Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sticky Fingers Cinnamon Muffin Mix (see note below for what to do with rest of mix)
- 1/3 Cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare your apples; wash, and core your apples. Make sure to get the entire core, but do not puncture the bottom of the apple.
- Place apple in a 9 x 9 baking dish
- Drizzle top of the apples with the lemon juice.
- In a bowl combine; muffin mix, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Put oat mixture into the apples.
- Pour the water or apple cider/juice into the bottom of the baking dish (this will help to steam the apples to help them soften)
- Cook for 35 minutes, or until tender
- Serve warm
You can easily serve this for breakfast, by topping the apples with some yogurt. Or you can serve them with ice cream, and a drizzle of caramel sauce for dessert
Note: You can use the remainder of the mix for our Cinnamon Streusel Bread