Holiday Peppermint Brownies
1 pkg. Sticky Fingers Fudge Brownie Mix
2 Tablespoons butter, melted & cooled slightly
1/3 cup water
16 Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Squares (unwrapped)
½ cup White Chocolate Chips
Crushed Peppermint Candy
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8”x8” baking pan with foil, leaving some foil extending 2” beyond the edges for easy removal from pan; coat foil lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk egg; slowly whisk in melted butter, then water. Stir in brownie mix until absorbed.
- Spread ½ of the batter evenly into bottom of pan. Lay chocolate squares evenly on top of batter, 4 down and 4 across. Carefully spread remaining batter over chocolate squares to cover completely.
- Bake brownie 32-37 minutes, or until top is dry and firm. Cool brownie completely in pan. Using edges of foil, remove brownie to work surface in 1 piece.
- Make White Chocolate Drizzle: Microwave white chocolate chips on medium power until soft; stir until melted & smooth. Fill a zipper-top sandwich bag with melted white chocolate and seal bag to remove air. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze the bag gently while making drizzles over the surface of the brownie. Top brownie generously with candy. Let brownie sit until drizzle has hardened. Cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife.
Makes 16 brownies.