Honey Butter Corn Bread Stuffing
Corn Bread Ingredients
1 16-oz. package Marie Callender’s Honey Butter Corn Bread Mix
1 ½ cups Water
3 tbsps. unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 tsp. dried whole rosemary
2 tsp. dried ground sage
¼ tsp. dried whole thyme
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
Make Corn Bread
- Follow the directions on the back of the Marie Callender’s Honey Butter Corn Bread
- Crumble the cooled corn bread into ½" pieces; dry on a baking sheet at 375°F for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8” or 9” inch casserole dish with non-stick spray or coat with butter.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Add onions, celery and dry herbs to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Stir in salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread and cooked vegetables. Gently mix.
- Drizzle the broth over the stuffing in thirds, gently mixing after each addition of broth. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the casserole and bake for 40 minutes. Take the stuffing out of the oven and fluff with a fork. Place the dish back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes. (50 minutes total baking time.)
- Serve warm with your favorite side dishes and turkey.
Makes 10-12 servings.
- Feel free to add sausage, dried fruits, and/or chopped nuts.
- If using sausage, cook the sausage until golden brown; set aside. Add cooked sausage to corn bread in step 3.
- If adding dried fruits, you may need to add an extra ¼ cup of broth since the fruit will soak up the broth as it bakes.
- If using a 9x13” pan instead of casserole, bake stuffing for 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork and bake for another 10 minutes.